Monday, May 29, 2006

Beauty: Even in the Midst of Ugliness

This faith is ignorance, no battle won,
When thousands’, mothers’ hearts have lost their own.
How long a battle or labor of giving,
In months of pain or long hard years of living?
What mother hopes her work will end this way,
Against all war, was the first Mother’s Day.


Authored by an anonymous feminist

This poem was so beautiful I thought I would post it on my blog.

Especially today for Memorial Day, I thought the sentiment expressed was very moving.

I’ve often wondered if men realized how much blood, sweat and tears, how much god-awful, back-breaking work it actually takes a mother to produce every single human being, one at a time, then maybe, just maybe, they wouldn’t be so quick to go off to wars and kill one.

Just a random thought on Memorial Day.

Peace on earth.

No comments: