Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Closing Act of Terri Shiavo: Full of Greed, Hate and Spitefulness

Schiavo Cremated Amid Feud

TAMPA, Fla.—Terri Schiavo's body was cremated yesterday as disagreements continued between her husband and her parents, who were unable to have their own independent expert observe her autopsy.
[Full Story]

Information Courtesy of the Toronto Star, April 3, 2005

In the end this act says more about Michael Schiavo and his motives then anything else anybody has either said or done up until now. For this final act labels the entire episode as what it really is…basically the action of a hate-filled and spiteful human being named Michael Schiavo.

This man took Terri Schiavo’s doctor to court suing him for a million dollars with the stated purpose of using the money to care for Terri…then shortly after receiving it decided that Terri claimed she would never have wanted to live in a ‘vegetative’ state and tried to have her feeding tube disconnected BEFORE ALL THE MONEY WAS USED UP ON HER CARE. Well you know what, he should have turned around and been forced to give that doctor back his money then.

Let’s make no mistake about this, the ONLY reason Terri Schiavo remained alive as long as she did was because her parents fought this selfish and greedy man tooth and nail. AND we have to give credit where credit is due here as Terri’s family, including her brother and sister, fought a hell of a fight right up until the final agonizing hours. They did what they could and acted honorably right up until the end. Actually the fact that they fought so hard had at least one benefit. It stopped that Michael Schiavo from profiting off his wife’s illness, as he surely would have walked away with a cool million of that settlement to piss away on himself if they had said and done nothing…

So I thank GOD for that one mercy.

Thus there is a small measure of justice in this world, little comfort as that might be to Terri’s parents.

Nevertheless, Michael Schiavo got his pound of flesh from Terri’s parents for not allowing him access to that money, which is all spent now on Terri’s care as it should have been. Michael Schiavo got his revenge by being allowed to starve their daughter to death and now cremate her body. So it appears that even in death, her parents couldn’t have this unfortunate daughter back. Ultimately however, we must understand, there wasn’t much that would have changed the final outcome here. Since nothing was going to stop this greedy and selfish man, as the only thing the parents could have done to appease this monster was to say nothing and that would have had the effect of allowing him to kill their daughter sooner, rather then seven years later.

Sadly to say this was a lose-lose situation for righteousness, no matter how they handled it.

As Abraham Lincoln once said and it still holds true today: you can fool SOME of the people ALL of the time and ALL of the people SOME of the time BUT you can’t fool ALL of the people ALL of the time…and I’m encouraged to see from the reactions of much of the public to Michael Schiavo, that the American people (for the most part, although, there will always exist a group of useful idiots) however, most of us have not been fooled by Michael Schiavo. Like myself, they appear very well informed on the motivation behind this whole travesty of justice and appear to hold the real culprit here fully responsible for his actions.

Again, I thank GOD for that…

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, NYMOM. Did you see the latest where Michael Shiavo still has not told the parents where he put the remains?

I'm Jessica from dnet btw. I still cannot get my account to work.

NYMOM said...

Hi Jessica...glad to hear from you again...

A couple of people told me they had the same problem...Basically I guess you can just post on Anonymous and then sign your name on the bottom of your post...

I'm not sure why but this site appears easiest for people who already have a blog and are responding to each other...It has many strange quiks but it allows me to blog for free, which is why I tolerate it...

How are things on dnet. Crazy as ever I bet...I lurk there sometimes and see they still allow that Jer and Nubian Princess to remain, still sprouting off crazy crap...but, I never see any posts of yours anymore???? Don't you still post there????

Regarding this Michael Shiavo, yeah, he's one sick puppy or should I say big ugly slobbering mutt...that was such a shame what they allowed him to do to that poor woman.

Anyway, how is your daughter these days????

Anonymous said...

My youngin has had a rough year. She's going to be home schooled next year. The schools in this area are pretty violent.

I post on dnet from time to time, but not often anymore. Jeremiah and nubianprincess are still there, of course. They have a new moderator that seems okay. Her name is Shawna.

There is still speculation, but no proof thanks to sloppy investigation, that Michael may have caused his wife's illness. Potasium levels are pretty easy to manipulate. The woman he is with now he was having an affair with while he and Terri were married (before her mysterious attack). And he had refused to let anyone even brush her teeth! She had a drink of wine (you can easily slip stuff into wine to alter potasium levels) before she collapsed. Michael initially had admitted that he washed the glass before paramedics got there. What was in that glass??

His new honey better hope he never wants to trade her in.

NYMOM said...

"My youngin has had a rough year. She's going to be home schooled next year. The schools in this area are pretty violent."

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter having problems with school. A lot of people home school today, however, I practically had to do it with my 21 year old through the last two years of high school and first two years of community college... however she's graduating this Friday...and been accepted to Baruch for September (a very decent college in the CUNY system)...so it appears to have been worth it...

It will be difficult but not impossible for you and many home schooled kids do very well...the junior high and high schools around here were very violent also which is why I winded up taking my daughter out finally as well...

Many people argued with me about the decision at the time (of course they all lived far away in good school districts or could afford to pay for private schools, so didn't understand the true situation)...but anyway on Friday the decison I made about 5/6 years ago will finally be proven correct...I'll be giving my daughter a graduation party in a few weeks so I'm going to make sure I send announcements to all those people who told me my daughter would never graduate from college, if I didn't leave her in those horrible high schools...

So be strong and determined, don't pay attention to those who counsel against it (unless their concerns are legitimate) and your daughter will do well...


"I post on dnet from time to time, but not often anymore. Jeremiah and nubianprincess are still there, of course. They have a new moderator that seems okay. Her name is Shawna."

I noticed dnet finally had more hands on moderators...How is that working out? They never used them before...so hopefully it will make a change in the place...it remains to be seen...

I actually never really trusted the moderators of that site since when I was being harrassed, I sent them a number of emails and never got replies...


"His new honey better hope he never wants to trade her in."

Oh yeah...

Anonymous said...

Hi NYmom. It's me, Jessica again.

You hear about the autopsy results? The one who did the autopsy said that whatever caused Terri's collapse was EXTERNAL. So seems this lawsuit that Michael Schiavo filed didn't actually have any merit. Shame for statutes of limitations, or else the doctor that got sued could use this new evidence and file fraud or something.

Have lost your email addy, and I know you wouldn't want to post it, but you can email me.

Dnet is stale. Exploiter looks to be the next on the banned list. The current moderator is constantly on her case.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jessica

NYMOM said...

"You hear about the autopsy results? The one who did the autopsy said that whatever caused Terri's collapse was EXTERNAL. So seems this lawsuit that Michael Schiavo filed didn't actually have any merit. Shame for statutes of limitations, or else the doctor that got sued could use this new evidence and file fraud or something."

Oh, of course, the whole thing was based upon fraud from beginning to end. He should NEVER have been given a monetary award as the minute he received it, he went back and tried to disconnect his wife's feeding tube then.

That's what started this original fight. He sued to get money supposedly to 'care for his wife' then as soon as he got it, he was trying to disconnect her life support.

The other thing that didn't come out until after this whole thing was over is that the attorney representing Michael Schiavo was on the board of directors of the hospice, where Terri was a patient. So, of course, he was pushing to pull the plug as they were down to the last 50,000 of the lawsuit money and then who would be paying for her care????

The whole thing was a sad farce really. I felt sorry for her parents and brother...

Thank God she didn't have any kids with him is all I can say.


"Dnet is stale. Exploiter looks to be the next on the banned list. The current moderator is constantly on her case."

Yes, I figured that would happen eventually. I guarantee you that within another year every mother who is NOT a step-person or second wife will be banned from the place or very limited in what she can say, as they are very pro father's rights there.

I hope the attorneys who advertise there make this clear to their clients as it wouldn't be fair to have women using their services w/o realizing how biased the site they advertise on really is...

I sometimes lurk on the site but really haven't even been doing that much; as they are getting incredibly boring and stale like you said...


"Have lost your email addy, and I know you wouldn't want to post it, but you can email me."

No it's fine. I actually had to get a new email address as I found out that fathers' rights nuts have a long reach on the internet and eventually the same problem was happening to me began again.

Actually I even believe it was instigated by some of the same people as they lurk on other sites (including here sometimes) and post under different names, but with the same writing style which identifies them...

It's sad that people are so desperate to stop others from posting their own opinions that they'll go to such lengths to stop free speech...

But anyway my new email address is nymom@womenasmothers.info

Feel free to stop by here and email me stories or other things to post on my blog whenever you hear of something interesting going on in the family law field...

I appreciate your posting here.

Thanks.