Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Memorial Post for Little Jerica and Her Mother Lisa Mason

When tomorrow starts without me and I'm not there to see, if the sun should rise and find your eyes all filled with tears for me.

I wish so much you wouldn't cry the way you did today, while thinking of the many things we didn't get to say.

I know how much you love me, as much as I love you, and each time that you think of me I know you'll miss me too.

When tomorrow starts without me please try to understand, that an angel came and called my name and took me by the hand.

It said my place was ready in heaven far above, and that I'd have to leave behind all those I dearly love.

But as I turned to walk away, a tear fell from my eye, for all my life, I'd always thought I didn't want to die.

I had so much to live for, so much yet to do, it seemed almost impossible that I was leaving you.

I thought of all the yesterdays, the good ones and the bad, I thought of all the love we shared, and all the fun we had.

If I could relive yesterday just even for awhile, I'd say good bye and kiss you and maybe see you smile.

But then I fully realized that this could never be, for emptiness and memories would take the place of me.

When I thought of worldly things I might miss tomorrow I thought of you, and when I did, my heart was filled with sorrow.

When I walked through heaven's gates I felt so much at home, when God looked down and smiled at me from His golden throne.

He said, "This is eternity, and all I've promised you, for life on earth is past but here it starts anew.

I promise no tomorrow but today will always last, and since each day's the same day, there's no longing for the past.

So when tomorrow starts without me don't think we're far apart, for every time you think of me I'm right here in your heart

Thanks to an anonymous poster for giving me this...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Letters claim Rhodes didn't kill Jerica, blame Nash for it

By Oliver Mackson and Dianna Cahn
Times Herald-Record
omackson@th-record.com
dcahn@th-record.com

Goshen – Two accused killers sit in neighboring cells in Orange County jail.
Inmate No. 1 writes a letter saying inmate No. 2 is innocent.
How does he know that?
Because, says inmate No. 1, I did it.
Sound like a tall tale? A whole lot of lawyers think it could be. But when it comes to homicide, you don't takes chances.
Prosecutors, defense lawyers and cops are trying to figure out whether three letters purportedly signed by accused wife-killer Edward Nash are genuine. If the letters are legit, they clear the other accused killer, Chris Rhodes, of the most notorious homicide in the mid-Hudson in years – the slaying of 7-year-old Jerica Rhodes.
Rhodes is charged with stabbing Jerica 16 times on Jan. 27 in a bathroom at Sacred Heart of Jesus school in Highland Falls.
At the time, Rhodes, 28, believed Jerica was his daughter. But DNA testing after the killing showed that Rhodes was not the girl's father.
The case will likely go to trial this summer in County Court.
"It would be fully compromised if it turned out to be true," said Assistant District Attorney David Byrne. "But there's not much reason to credit the contents of the letters themselves."
Two letters arrived by mail at the Times Herald-Record 10 days ago. The letters claim that Nash was hired for $20,000 to kidnap Jerica. The unnamed masterminds of the plot would then ask for a $2 million ransom from Rhodes and his father.
But Jerica started to struggle and yell, the first letter says. So Nash stabbed her repeatedly with a knife he pulled from his belt and another he had in his boot, according to the letter.
The letters also describe how Nash killed his wife because she "found the money." Nash killed her, the letters say, to stop her from going to the police.
Nash, 22, was arrested Feb. 15 after he ran a stop sign in Mount Hope. Almost simultaneously, Middletown police discovered Nash's wife, 34-year-old Zao Hang, stabbed to death in his apartment on Waywayanda Avenue.
Nash's lawyer, Gary Abramson of the Orange County Legal Aid Society, said Friday that Nash unequivocally denies writing the letters.
The handwriting on the two letters appears to be different from two documents, viewed by reporters, that contain Nash's signature.
Prosecutors said Friday that they are investigating who wrote the letters and where they came from. The investigation may include the use of a handwriting expert or fingerprint analysis, said Senior Assistant District Attorney John Geidel.
Prosecutors obtained a subpoena on Friday from County Court Judge Jeffrey Berry, ordering the Times Herald-Record to turn over the original letters.
"If we learn of anything that could be favorable to the defense, our obligation is to turn it over," Geidel said.
The newspaper plans to ask the judge to quash the subpoena in a hearing on May 20, citing the state shield law that protects journalists from having to give up sources and materials obtained in newsgathering.
There is a third letter, similar to the first two, that was received by the Rhodes family in Highland Falls the same week that the newspaper received its two letters, according to Rhodes' lawyer, Sol Lesser. He would not divulge the full contents of the third letter, which is also purported to be from Nash.
Lesser said he talked to Rhodes about the letters during a visit to the jail on Friday. He wouldn't go into details about the conversation.
"The way I view it is that Chris has always denied his guilt and asserted his innocence and this does nothing to refute that," Lesser said. "And, it in fact, enhances it."
When Lesser, a former prosecutor, was pressed about the possibility that the letters could be fabrications, he said, "I have no knowledge of that and I would trust that's not so. And if anybody did it in a misguided attempt to help him, it doesn't help."

NYMOM said...

I've already seen this and as far as I'm concerned it has no credibility whatsoever...

Why would someone want to kidnap an ordinary little girl and expect a 2 million ransom? Or then admit to it while in jail and bring himself a possible death sentence and/or the anger of the thousands of black inmates he'll be facing over the years in the upstate prison system?

This murder was a crime of anger committed on the spur of the moment, probably when Rhodes was high on something or just coming down after a night of drugging himself...

The bottom line is that he should never have been allowed around that little girl to begin with, she should have been with her mother and her other brothers and sisters. Actually, the people responsible for her being with that drug addict Rhodes should be sitting in the cell right next to him...

Jerks who keep pushing this story, are turning this case into the legal equivalent of the 'death of a thousand diversions' and possibly helping this guy, Rhodes to beat the rap and NOT get the punishment he so richly deserves...